I love referring to quotes during presentations, refer to them during conversations or just remind myself about it during testing. So I starting this post as a way to collect some of my favourite quotes.
The ebook 99-things-you-can-do-to-become-a-better-tester has some really nice quotes.
- Get to know your customers – Chris George
- Never stop learning – Chris George
- …and recognize that you will never know everything – Amy Phillips
- Learn when to automate and when not to – Chris George
- Question the way you work every day – Kinofrost
- … and have the courage to share your findings with whoever is in charge as well as fight for key changes – Erick Brickarp
- Test as early as possible – Gareth Waterhouse
- Be critical but do not criticise – Kim Knup
- Always use the best methodology invented – Common Sense. Then choose your testing methodology… – Gil Bloom
- Try to provide the solutions as well as finding the problems. – Geekonomicon
From blogs or websites
“Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that the impact lasts in your absence” – Sheryl Sandberg
“Good managers succeed by having effective employees, effective employees succeed by having good managers.” – Robert Lambert
- If you focus on results, you will never change; if you focus on change, you will get results. Change is inevitable, but turning it into progress requires preparation.
- Commitment is what transforms words into reality.